Curious about some symptoms but not sure if you should come in? Or maybe you'd like to learn more about our services.
Take a look at some of our frequently asked questions.
Travel vaccinations require a 20-minute doctor and a 10-minute nurse appointment per person.
Please contact us with plenty of notice before your trip to enable us to order specific vaccines depending on where you are travelling. Fees available on request.
Our nursing team can administer immunisations for children, which usually require a 10-20 minute appointment.
No fee is applied in most cases.
Our experienced team and the surgical suite onsite means we can provide minor surgery. These include mole removal, minor excisions and in-grown toenail removal. Fee’s available on request.
If you have Health Insurance, most surgeries can be claimed back with prior approval – please check with your insurer.
Doctors and nurses at Te Atatu Health can provide an Early Pregnancy service but we do not provide LMC (Lead Maternity Carer – the one who delivers your baby) services. We are able to diagnose pregnancy, give advice and provide prenatal, early pregnancy and post-natal care.
Information packs for pregnancy are available and we can help with referral to midwives or obstetricians in the area.
6 Week Well Child check ups and Immunisations
We recommend you book an appointment with one of our doctors and a nurse for this check-up. To ensure the health and wellbeing of your baby we require you to stay at the practice for 20 minutes after immunisations are administered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call and speak to one of our nurses.
Accidental Injury Management
Our experienced team can see you if you have had the misfortune of having an accident. This can be when the accident occurs or as follow up care eg. dressing and wound management. If you require accident follow up care, we will need your ACC claim number, normally issued by the first provider you saw, or available on ACC paperwork.
A co-payment will apply for ACC covered appointments (see ACC appointments for more info)
Our nursing team can see you for many different health conditions, including:
- Diabetes management
- Cardiovascular risk management
- Cervical smears
- General health checks e.g. blood pressure
- Accident related injuries
- Wound dressings and changes
- Immunisations (see Immunisations for more info)
- Maternity e.g. pregnancy testing
- Electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Infusions of medicine
- Sexual health checks
- Driving certificates
- Insurance medicals
- Women’s Warrant of Fitness health check
- Men’s Warrant of Fitness health check
- Jadelle insertion and removal
7 am – 7 pm Monday
7 am – 5 pm Tuesday
7 am – 5 pm Wednesday
7 am – 7 pm Thursday
7 am – 5 pm Friday
Our clinic is closed for lunch between 12 pm – 1 pm
Welcome! We are delighted you would like to join Te Atatu Health. Please complete an Enrolment Form so that your visits can be subsidised in the future.
Completing the form
- All areas in blue are mandatory.
- The more information you provide us with the better we are able to identify you in the NHI database and to contact you should we need to in the future.
- You must confirm your eligibility to access publicly funded health services and we will ask that you provide proof, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- You can scan or fax the form back to us or drop it into the practice.
- The ministry of health still requires a signature on this document, therefore, you will need to print and sign the form.
For more information regarding your entitlement click here.
With this free service you will be able to:
- Make appointments with your GP or nurse
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Access the records held by your GP, including medical history, regular medications, immunisations
- Access the consultation notes your doctor makes about your visits
- Monitor your test results
- Get list of scheduled events (i.e. due dates for checkups and follow up care)
How do I get access to my Patient Portal?
Please contact us to activate your account and we will send you an email with your logon details and instructions.
Where do I find messages sent to me via H365?
When your GP or Nurse sends you a message, you will be notified via email or text.
- Log into the portal
- Navigate to the section ‘online consultation’ and click
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
For more information please visit www.health365.co.nz/Faq
You can now see one of our doctors from the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
To access the virtual waiting room, you will not need to download anything onto your computer and no account set up is needed. You can use a smartphone and the app is available in most app stores.
For a more comprehensive explanation of how doxy.me works for patients click this link.
Injured? ACC may partially cover the cost of a standard appointment with us.
If your injury is covered by ACC, our clinic receives:
$31.53 for patients 13 yrs or over
$56.07 for patients under 13 yrs
Injuries generally require more time to treat and the doctor will use all the consultation time allocated, assessing your needs and determining a course of action. Paperwork and reports are also completed by doctors after seeing patients.
Our co-payment system covers the additional time involved with ACC appointments.
For more info regarding ACC click here
Questions or concerns? Contact us.